Creating Pages using Town, Nation, or Alliance Templates
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page shows you how to create a Town, Nation, or Alliance page using the corresponding template. The same procedure can be used to create pages using other EarthMC templates.
Here are the links to the templates:
Before Creating the Page
- Search for your town/nation/alliance to make sure a page doesn't exist already.
- If another page exists, consider adding to that page instead.
The first step is to copy the template
- Find the template to the town, nation or alliance using the links listed above.
- Hover over the blue "Edit" button and select "Classic Editor"
- Near the top and middle of that edit page are two gray tabs "Source", and "Visual".
- Click on the "Source" tab" and a blank light gray text box will pop up.
- Copy all the text inside that light gray text box. Note: Please be careful not to mess up the template.
- Exit the Source Edit without saving, by (1) clicking the Back button on your browser, and (2) then click on the blue "Leave" button.
- You are done with copying the template.
The second step is to paste the template into your new page
- Go to the template page and click on the "Add" blue button. At this point the page hasn't been created yet.
- Enter a page name for your new town, nation, or alliance
- A blank white text box will pop up.
- On the top of that edit box, click on the icon that looks like 3 bars (it has a drop down list), and select "Source Editor" from the drop down list.
- A blank light gray text box will show up. This is where you will paste the text template that you copied in the first step.
- Select "Apply Changes".
- You will be returned to the blank white text box.
The third step is to add information and category
- In the white text box, Input information about your town / nation / alliance.
- Select the correct category. On the top of the edit box, click on the icon that looks like 3 bars (it has a drop down list), and select "Categories" from the drop down list.
- Under Categories, click in the text box "Add a Category". Type in "Towns", "Nations" or "Alliance". If you typed correctly, you will see the word "Towns", "Nations" or "Alliance" below your cursor. Click on the word and your page will be added to that category.
- you are satisfied with the page, select "Save Page". (If not, click on "Cancel" to discard changes.)
- If you have saved the page, your page will be created and will show up under the category that you have selected. Congratulations!